Monday, February 25, 2013

A Birthday Two Days Late

Star Q

Image sourced from Google


Your birthday only comes once a year (if you are lucky!) but there can many things that can distract you from celebrating it.  By celebrating, I don't mean that it should be done in a big way; with a lavish dinner, a wild party, a battalion of friends (or whom you think are friends) and tonnes of presents (mostly things you don't need)!  In fact, a birthday celebration can be very laid-back with only your immediately family members rejoicing in the happiness.

However, like I said earlier, there are unforeseen things that can hinder any preparations you may have done even a simple birthday dinner with your family.  One most common factor would be tiredness.  As with my 52nd yesterday (if I were 25, it would have been different), celebrating it was out of the question.  Right after school, I had to attend a technical meeting for some language activities which will be held in April.  The meeting was long because there were three committees in one meeting!  Fortunately though, the meeting was anything but dull.

But the rain that started pouring from the time the chairperson opened her mouth to start the meeting, made me long for home and to be with my family for my birthday.  To me, birthday is a time you spend with your family; the people who are usually the first to wish you happy birthday.  Talking about the first to wish you happy birthday, my youngest daughter made me wake her up at 5.30 a.m. yesterday, so that she could be the first to wish me happy birthday!  I was so touched by her eagerness (even though she is already in Form 4!) that it made the tears my my eyes swell  (on the verge of dropping!)

And being a homely person, that is how I see myself celebrating my birthday.  But the meeting yesterday, which saw me getting home at 6.00 p.m., caused me to be too tired to do any kind of celebration.  So, to make up for it, I have decided to take the day off tomorrow to relax, because it is my birthday.  Even though it is two days late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...