Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kuswadinata : The Passing of a Star - Al-Fatihah

Star Q

Image sourced from Google
Veteran actor Kuswadinata dies - Nation | The Star Online

It's not very often that I write about the passing of a local entertainment personality (or overseas one for that matter!) but I suddenly feel like I have to write something if only to immortalize him in this humble blog of mine.



It has only been but a week since the passing of a veteran comedian-actor, Datuk Yahaya Sulong.  I remember this man more as a comedian than an actor especially for his appearances in some local comedy shows many-many years ago; way back when terrestrial television was still in black and white.  I remember him cracking jokes with the likes of the late Yusni Jaafar and Normadiah.

And now, a week later after his demise, another great local personality in the world of films has passed on.  Kuswadi bin Bujang or Kuswadinata as he is more popularly known will not be gracing our silver screens anymore.  I remember him especially for his earlier films like 'Panca Delima' and 'Semerah Padi', mainly due to my late mother's influence.  I recall every time the local television station aired an 'old' film, she would be giving me and my siblings synopsis of the movies.  She even sang songs from the movies.  She did it so often, that the songs are still ingrained in my mind until this day.  

With the passing on this great actor, we lose another star in our film industry who has set a standard for other young ones to follow.  My condolences to Kuswadinata's family.  And may Allah put him amongst the pious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...