Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tears of a Sister.

Star Q
ii.  Pindah!!!

My sister, may happiness be yours soon, Insya Allah

It's been two weeks since my brother-in-law had his leg amputated due to complications partly due to diabetes.  And all that time my sister has literally become more than a wife to him.  It is sad to see someone who, probably due to to such a circumstance, refuse to take it upon himself to try to do things on his own.

I mean, it's like he has decided to give up and let his wife, my sister, do almost everything for him; literally like a pillar that he can cling on to when he wants to get up, to lean against when he feels like falling and to grasp on to when he wants to go to the toilet.  I can't and won't pretend that I understand what it feels like to be in his situation, but I can empathize what it feels like to be in my sister's shoes.

It is even sadder when her husband's siblings blames everything that is going wrong in her household, on her!  What makes this unhappy situation much sadder is that, the husband never, I mean never, takes the side of his wife.  In fact, he too blames his wife.

Well, today, on the phone, was the first time I heard my sister cry.  Never in her long and lack luster marriage to this person, have I heard my sister cry about anything pertaining to her own household.  But today, she finally broke down.  

I only wish I was in a situation to take my sister away from all the sadness she's been experiencing (and that has been very long!)  If not, I wish that my sister be given all the blessings of Allah and gets the happiness that for her, has been long overdue, Insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...