Friday, December 9, 2011

The Right to Write

I have noticed a positive trend among students nowadays and that is the interest to write especially in blogs.  This is especially true with some of my students (former students to be exact!) whom I have taught in the past years, whose blogs I have silently followed with much anticipation.


Of course being teenagers and young adults, most of their entries are affairs of the hearts and things that go on with them and their friends, which include the things they do and the things they share.  It is always enjoyable to read about their feelings!


Some have even included a few new things inside the blogs some of which are worth more than skimming and scanning through.  One of my former students have included short stories inside her blog; whether or not they are based on the writer's real life experiences, is not for me to judge.

Another interesting development is where another of my former student has decided to include recipes inside her blog, which bloggers call a foodie blog, just like one of my blogs (I actually have three active blogs!)  I notice that she has a creative way of getting the reader to read her blog and try out her recipe.

In essence, the main thing here is, the interest to write no matter what the material or subject as long as you don't hurt other people's feelings or get in trouble with the law with what you write!  So, these two students plus a few more that I have not mentioned, I hope you continue to express yourselves positively (a few English entries please!) and hopefully more of your friends (including my present students, please!) will find it just to follow in your foot steps!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your compliment on my blog... by the way sir... I now try to make a novel... Wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fairuz. Thanks for visiting my blog. And good luck with your first novel. When you become famous, don't forget me, okay :-)

    ReplyDelete

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...