Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sayonara Samura!


After two years of travelling up and down along the many Gemas - Muar roads, I can now finally say au revoir, to the all those scenes and sights that I have encountered throughout my many journeys; the quaint little villages, the lush greenery and the hustle and bustle of city traffic!  Ever since early 2011, after a choice that was made by my daughter herself to enrol in that school, I have made countless (at least that's how I felt) trips from Gemas to the school in Muar, and back, which usually took up a total of three hours or 200 kilometers in distance each time.


I would have very much preferred her to be in her old boarding school which was just about half a hour trip from my house, but seeing that she was persistent in going to a better school (at least that's how she felt!) and also not wanting her to blame me for not letting her go to a school that she felt would offer her a greater chance for better achievement, I gave in to her wish.  I knew, that once I said yes, it meant long trips to visit her come rain or shine.  And did I mention I hate driving long distance!


Well, anyway, 2011 school year has finally come to an end and she has sat for her last SPM paper.  Did I say  that the trip fetching her home was the last?  Actually, the last and final trip there will be when I take her there to collect her SPM results next year somewhere in late February or early March.  But, compared to all the previous trips, that particular trip will be one that all of us will be looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...