Friday, November 18, 2011

My MUET Warriors!


These guys are the bravest of the bravest who never seem to stop trying to give their all in order to achieve what is best for them.  These guys are my form six students from the 2010/2011 batch.  These are the same guys who have left quite an impression on my colleagues.


This morning, Saturday the 19th of November 2011,  these guys are now actually sitting for the Malaysian University English Test for the second time.  I tip my hat off to you (not hat actually, but songkok!) for having the tenacity and determination to take this examination yet once again in order to fulfill you future dreams.


Frankly, I have never liked the idea of being with my students right before they enter the examination hall, but today I made an exception because these students, in retrospect, have left an impression on me, too.  So, as all the students and I raised our hands and listened to Mustafa reciting the prayers, my heart turned into soft putty and started to melt, wishing that I could be with my students when they answered the questions.  I wished that I could be there all along.

But, alas, as the boys held my hands and shook them in respect; and as all of them walked silently into the examination hall, I recited my own prayers in my heart.  Let this group of students, who seem to persevere and who know not the meaning of surrender; let them be successful and may Allah guide you in your quest to be the best! Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...