Sunday, November 13, 2011

Befriending Yassin.


I suppose it's the age thing that's catching  up with me lately because I seem to find it more difficult to relax or feel at peace especially when there are things that are bothering me or things that I can't get out of my mind.  Just last night, my wife told me that I screamed in my sleep.  I was probably having a nightmare about all these things that are worrying me.

I suppose it all comes with the responsibility I carry as a father of three children; one studying in his second year in a local university and the second, a daughter, who is today, as I am typing this entry for my blog, is sitting for her all important SPM examination.  I seem to feel weighed down by so many questions pertaining to the situations they are in; have they eaten well before they sat for their examinations?  Or how well will they do in their respective examinations?  Or will they be satisfied with their performances?  All these questions and more, I dwell upon with a heavy and worry heart, so much so that I need all the spiritual help I can get to calm my wary nerves and emotions.

There is nothing more calming when I take time, any time I can find, to read the Surah Yassin.  There are at least forty benefits of reading this surah which include those who feel afraid will find their fears all diminished and also those who read this surah will find solace in what they see.   Our Prophet has told us to read the Yassin because in it contains many barokah.

I pray that Allah gives me strength with every breath that Allah gives me and every step that I am allowed to make on this earth.  Give me the strength to pray for my children and my family, because everything I do, with Allah's will, is all for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...