Sunday, April 16, 2017

Another One - Rogue One




This is another first for me!  This is the first time I have ever watch a Star Wars related movie at the cinema ever since the first Star Wars movie A New Hope forced (no pun intended) itself into the cinemas somewhere in 1976 or thereabouts. 

I think it is the effect I had from Dr Strange which was a first time for me watching a movie at the cinema, in about thirty years.  It felt surreal being in the huge cinema not because of the sound system and CGIs, but the fact that there were so few cinema goers at that time; I counted not more than ten!  And it was a weekend!

Anyway, I really wanted to write about my friend's experience while waiting in line to enter the cinema to watch Star Wars III.  She happened to hear two young cinema goers behind her asking each other why an old person would want to watch such a new movie like Star Wars 😲  My friend did not make any kind of response; she only smiled to herself.

I'm being judgemental here because I think some young people think anything new should belong to them and not to others especially not to those older then they are.  I supposed in their urgency to ridicule my friend, it totally slipped their mind that we baby boomers saw Star Wars - A New Hope almost forty years, when these young people probably weren't even born yet!

Talking about Star Wars, after forty seven years since the first one, I am still eagerly waiting; this time for the eighth instalment! 😊






No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...