Thursday, October 29, 2015

Days without Haze

Star Q


It was a cause for extreme excitement when after one whole year of having courses and workshops and government premises and old, run-down hotels, I finally got to attend a conference at one of the grandest hotels in this town.  The proverb 'icing on the cake' cannot be used in this context because there were many other situations that made me feel on cloud nine!
But, getting straight to the point, I was elated when the venue for the conference was located near the lake garden.  And during the three days I was there, the sky was clear and the air was crisp; not a single sign of the dreaded haze that was blown over here all the way from Indonesia!

I had for a long time, imagined of having a slow jog or a brisk walk around the lake gardens and to fulfill that dream, I actually brought my walking shoes and track suits.  It was a wonderful feeling, being able to go for a brisk walk on the first day of the course during the evening break and then again on the second day.

Even my friends who came to attend the conference, were surprised to see me coming back from my brisk walk all drenched in sweat.  They had never seen me going for walks during any of the other courses we had attended together.  I merely told them that I was so happy to be there, grateful that I am healthy, plus I was given the opportunity to meet up with my friends again.

Even the food that was not up to par considering the grandeur of the hotel, did not dampen my enthusiasm; and thus I refuse to comment anything about it!  All I can say is, I understand that to have such a conference at such a venue would cost the organizers more than an arm and a leg, and for that I am thankful.  So, it is quite understandable if corners had to be cut here and there.

Nevertheless, all in all, it was a fruitful occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...