Thursday, July 30, 2015

Three for One!

Star Q
iii.  Lawatan Audit oleh JPNS




Intriguing topic this time around!  I am actually referring to the number of hours spent on a departmental meeting and the results that are obtained after spending that amount of time; which is merely one item!

We (yes, unfortunately I was an unwilling accomplice!) had a meeting which started at about 3.00 p.m. yesterday afternoon.  There was only one issue to be discussed, but the time taken to clarify, justify and finalize the issue ended at almost 5.00 p.m.; which was almost time to go home!

Today, the whole thing happened all over again.  We were supposed to discuss one particular minute of a previous meeting, which was supposed to start at 9.30 a.m., but one and a half hours into the meeting all that was done was talk about other matters not related to the minutes that was supposed to be tabled.  The actual meeting finally commenced at 11.00 a.m.

I am writing this for the nth time because I have never got accustomed to such inappropriate use of time.  I am not saying that I am the best but suffice to say that I consider myself a good example when it comes to meetings.  Firstly, I always want to be the first to be in the meeting room, even if it means being there all alone fifteen minutes before the next person enters the room!

Secondly, I always bring my work to a meeting so that when the members of the meeting seem to be digressing from the actual agenda of the meeting, I proceed to do my own work.  This way, at least I get some work done rather than listen to people rambling about things that have nothing to do whatsoever about the meeting.

Also, I do not involve myself in any of the unnecessary discussions during the actual meeting that may delay its ending since I have noticed that these meetings never end exactly on the stipulated time.

I know this is all done inside closed doors, away from the prying eyes of the public (not anymore if anyone happens to read this!) but there will some within those closed doors who may not agree with how these meetings are run.  If only there was a way for me to run away from all this!






No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...