Monday, June 8, 2015

Of Floods and Quakes

Star Q



I have seen floods in my lifetime but I have never seen one of such a huge proportion like the one that happened in Kelantan earlier this year.  I mean, I have read about the big flood that happened in Kuala Lumpur in the early seventies, but the emotional impact that it left inside me was nowhere similar to the one in Kelantan.

I have also heard about earthquakes happening in towns and cities in distant lands away from my beloved country.  The plight of the victims there did not directly affect me emotionally, at least not as much when I heard about the earthquake that happened in Ranau, Sabah, right in my backyard.

Whatever people may think as to the reasons why the earthquake suddenly erupted in Sabah, be they spiritual or geographical, it is all left up to the individual.  After all that has been said and done, the earthquake has already happened with disastrous effects and collateral damage.

The only thing that bothers me personally is why do all these natural disasters of major proportions by Malaysian standards have to happen during the reign of this current Prime Minister.  Is it just a coincidence?  Is it a sign or warning that we are supposed to heed?  The unanswered questions, plus the ones about the missing national carrier and the one that was shot down, keep on lingering in my mind.

And another big question is why has there been no sense of finality to these disturbing situations.  The missing plane is still missing,  the people who shot down the other plane still have not been brought to justice, a majority of the people flood victims in Kelantan are still unable to continue a decent life and now this, the earthquake and their victims.

Like I have said in many of my entries, these are just my thoughts.  Thoughts that may well disappear into the depths of this virtual world and never be discovered by those who really matter.  Then again, these are just thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...