Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Room at IAB

Star Q


It has been a long time since I climbed six flight of stairs and the experience of going through it the other day made me puff and pant like never before.  The arduous endeavour finally ended when I reached room B302.  Even as I was opening the door, I was still gasping for air, nose flaring, sucking in as much oxygen my lungs could take in.

My accommodation for the duration of the course which I attended was more than modest to my standards even though it was sparsely furnished; a television set in one corner, an electric kettle somewhere at the back, a single bed and a writing table.  All was quite satisfactory except for the location of the fan which was directly over the writing table.  I was puzzled as to how much writing one would actually do compared to sleeping, and also the unbearably warm weather here, lead me to wonder why the bed wasn't under the fan. 

So, I called upon the little interior designer from inside of me, rolled up my sleeves and started to do some rearranging of furniture of my own.  I pushed the chair away from the writing table and as I huffed and puffed, pushed the bed right under the fan.  I imagined the breeze from the fan would help me sleep at night, but I was horribly disappointed.  The heat was so unbearable that I tossed and turned in bed at night, looking at the blades of the fan spinning above me.  Only in the wee hours of the morning did I finally manage to fall asleep; maybe because it was cooler then or I had become dizzy looking at the fan spinning the whole night!

On the last day of the course, I decided to put the bed back in its original place.  But since I did not get a good night's sleep, I actually overslept and got up late which did not leave me with any time to do what I had intended to do.  So, I left the bed where I had put it and hoped that the maintenance management would not be angry and that they would realize the fallacy of putting a much needed fan away from the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...