Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Monkey Business

Star Q


I have waited for quite some time to write about this matter but I have finally had it up to my eyeballs with anger with the people at the town council.  I know my dissatisfactions towards them will probably be left unread in this virtual world, but at least I get to let off some steam!

This time around it is about the town council's decision to provide people residing here with new trash bins.  I realize that using these bins will make work a lot easier for those people who come to collect out trash because they now do not have to lift the bins and dump the rubbish into the lorries themselves.  They only need to push the bins near the lorries, latch the sides onto a hook and voila!  The lorries do the rest of the work.

Be that as it may, these bins, without any kind of locking mechanism or safety features make them easy targets for stray dogs.  And as if dogs are not bad enough, monkeys being more agile, are able to open the lids of the trash bins and ransack the rubbish inside.  All the rubbish that had been tied up in black rubbish bags are strewn all over the ground.

The situation is even more severe during school holidays when there is less chances of these monkeys to eat, especially scraps thrown by school children.  Aside from ransacking the trash bins, the monkeys are getting bolder and braver.  They have recently come up to the front door of the houses in this neighbourhood, probably in an attempt to enter our houses and forage for food.  Thank goodness for the grille we have installed.  If not these monkeys would have made easy work of the flimsy doors provided by the housing developers.  But that's another story altogether.

And with all these stray dogs and monkeys around, I question myself once again.  What are the people at the town council doing with all the money we pay them in the form of taxes; two types of taxes per home-owner no less!

The people in my neighbourhood have had enough of the monkeys doing their business here.  We just hope the people at the town council are up to any kind of monkey business of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...