Saturday, October 26, 2013

An Inconsiderate Driver

Star Q
iii.  Profiteroles


There will always be people like this whose sole purpose in life is probably to make other people's lives miserable.  I don' t come across these people often (thank goodness) but when I do, it makes me think that there is some truth about how foreigners describe Malaysian drivers.

I was standing outside the post-office yesterday when this guy was about to reverse his car.  It was drizzling, and at the same time his wife was unable to get into the passenger side because the door was blocked by a motorcycle (another idiotic road user)  I can imagine the haste these two people were in; the driver, to reverse his car so that his wife (I presume) could get into the car and his wife to get in from the rain.

But, lo and behold, came this idiotic driver who nonchalantly parked behind the reversing car.  He jumped out of his car and ran into the post-office.  His wife (I presume) shouted to him that he was blocking a reversing car, and he yelled back "Wait!"; which meant that he knew that he was blocking someone else's car but he couldn't care less.  The man disappeared into the post-office leaving these two people in desperation to leave the parking bay.  He came out about four minutes later, carrying an empty envelope (Pos Laju envelope)

This man just dashed into the driver's side of his MPV and drove off.  I was just five feet away and I didn't hear the idiotic man apologizing to the lady who was obviously wet while waiting to get into her car.  He didn't even say thank you to the driver for waiting for him to complete his do-or-die task, one which he could have done without causing any inconvenience to other people.

I would like to have the chance to teach this man's children one day.  And if they ever get out of hand and show any kind of disrespect to me or anyone else in the school, I can happily say that the acorn does not fall far from the tree!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...