Sunday, June 30, 2013

Drivers who drive other drivers crazy!

Star Q
ii.  Sukantara


There are drivers who don't give a single thought about other road users, so much so that they think they own the roads on which their cars are driven.  And in doing so, they deliberately ignore the safety of others (not worth thinking of their safety if they themselves ignore it!)

On one occasion, a driver of a Saga Waja purposely parked behind me and blocked me from reversing my car.  The driver jumped out of his car, waved a can-you-wait-for-a-while wave and popped into Cool Station, obviously wanting to buy a drink for himself.  I am sure he is well aware that the drink would take at least 8 minutes to prepare.  I had to wait that long before I could reverse my car!

The other incident was right after Friday Prayers.  I am usually the last few to leave after prayers but that day there were others.  As I walked to my car, I noticed someone had blocked the left side of my car, making it impossible for me to drive away since on my right there was a huge monsoon drain!  I waited almost ten minutes, pretending to listen to my car radio, when the car owner came, nonchalantly, and waved a oh-thank-you-for-waiting-ten-minutes wave!

Fortunately during both the situations, I still had my wits about me.  If I hadn't, two car owners would have gone home and realized that one side of their cars had been scratched.  Good thing they didn't really make me crazy!

And no!  You cannot assume any scratches you have on your cars was caused by me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...