Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Imbecilic Idea

Star Q



There are times when people can be just stupid, but then again there are people who can be stupid all the time.  I mean if a person can come up with this sort of suggestion and make it a rule, I don't know what else to call the person, other than stupid.

I am sure every Malaysian citizen would have heard or read about the furore caused by some imbeciles in one government agency in one state.  Unless you have been abroad for the past few months, (I am refraining from saying; unless you have been to one of the planets!  Oops!) then you would know by now that the above mentioned people made it compulsory for people who intended to attend their event to refrain from wearing sarees, the traditional attire for Indian ladies of Malaysia.

I mean, there you are, on the one hand you have them encouraging people to wear their national costumes or celebratory costumes (sarees being one of them), but on the other hand they do not allow Indian ladies to wear their celebratory costume.  

I am certain that the people in this agency did not mean well (they may not even be well at the time, yes) when they thought of this preposterous idea.  I am not even going to dwell on the idea that they may think Muslim men (or any other red blooded Malaysian men for that matter) would go stark raving mad when they see an Indian lady clad in saree.

Perhaps the rule is made to stop the men there themselves from become raving lunatics upon seeing a lady in saree.  And I am sure these are the same people, who made a bee line (with or without their spouse/girlfriends) to see Kajol wearing different sets of sarees (there was the yellow one, the black one and beige; if I'm not mistaken!  Oops again!) in the recent box-office movie, Dilwale.

Perhaps they still cannot shake the image of a saree-clad Kajol from their minds so much so seeing a Malaysian Indian lady wearing a saree, would immediately make them see Kajol.  Imbeciles!




No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...