Monday, September 21, 2015

Empty Office

Star Q


It is but a few days more to the eve of Idul Adha and many of us would have by now started to pack our clothes and other things neatly into our suitcases to make the long exodus back to our respective home towns; whether or not we are celebrating it.

As for people like me, well at least during school holidays, who spend their time cooped up in the office, this game of waiting for the actual holiday to arrive is quite a boring encounter, especially when you see other staff start to disappear.  Some of them have started their holidays two or three days earlier and you see them, one by one leaving the office.

And as for me, the sight of the office getting empty by the day, leaves me with an empty void, not least because there are not many people in the office to communicate with, but mostly because I too, would rather be at home and get myself caught up in the preparations for the big day.  Having said that,we all know, there are lots of things to do at the home front.

To many, however, Idul Adha, is not a celebration that they would go all out for compared to Idul Fitri.  Nevertheless, to me personally, even though there is not really a lot of preparations to be done, the sheer thought of having all my kids come home and celebrating with them, even with the simplest of preparations, is something that makes the celebration a grand one!

So, to each his own.  And a happy Idul Adha to every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...