Sunday, August 23, 2015

What Group Ethos?

Star Q



Recently, I have been having this longing to become a teacher once again.  Yes, the work load in school was even only donkeys could bear.  Yes, the administrators existed just to achieve personal gains from the sufferings of their subordinates.  But I honestly feel like becoming a teacher all over again!

As masochistic as that may sound, the reason is because the organisation where I am working now is no different from the school environment I knew a few years ago.  Granted, the school I knew had many drawbacks, but the only thing that I had there that I do not have now is he camaraderie amongst all the teachers.  They may not all be in the teachers' common room, since some will take refuge in some rooms designated for them, but work was always done together.  The response to S.O.S from fellow teachers were answered as quickly as possible, if not immediately.

This is the sort of thing that I do not feel here in my present working environment.  In this organisation, people are oystered in the own cubicles with very few chances of bumping into each other.  And when we do see each other, I can't help but feel a sense of falseness.  Call me paranoid, but that is what I feel.

Imagine with a strength of not less than sixty staff, I would expect response to be quite prompt.  Take for example a Whatsapp message sent, and they would by now realize if I post anything on the group's Whatsapp it must be important.  However, even after twenty minutes, none of the other sixty strong "colleagues" took the time to respond, one way or the other.  I mean this is not the first time.  In fact it has happened quite a few times to me.  That to me is not being paranoid; more like being given the cold shoulder and thrown into isolation!

I say, give me the horrible situation of my former school any time than being cocooned in this high and mighty facade of an overly pretentious organisation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...