Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where Are The Boys?

Star Q


I've been meaning to write about this for along time now.  But after today's situation, I really couldn't confine my emotions and had to release it somehow.  It seems this thing keeps happening every Monday, every time we have our assembly at the assembly ground (or the hall!)  This is the time when we see only the girls do most of the work!

It is without doubt that all the teachers notice that before the Monday assembly, the girl prefects will be the ones to carry the chairs from the nearby classrooms to the assembly ground.  They will be the ones to carry the chairs down from the first floor.  They will also be the ones to arrange the chairs at the assembly ground for the teachers.

I have noticed that the boy prefects will always come to help the girls when all the chairs have already been arranged and there is nothing else to do, or they will wait at the assembly ground for the girls to bring the chairs, and they will arrange the chairs.  

I have also noticed that the boy prefects will be lingering around the other buildings around the school before making their way to the assembly ground, or most of them will group in large numbers in the Prefects' Room, pretending to be in charge of the PA System.  Come on!  How many boy prefects do you need to operate one PA System, one radio and one microphone?  Well, in this school, more than ten obviously!

I also seem to notice that while the girls are left to do the heavy work, the boy prefects don't even help to control the rowdy students who (a) like them, are still lingering around the buildings, (b) are making a whole lot of noise without any care in the world or, (c) like them, are not even ready for the assembly!

I have, on many occasions, reminded the boy prefects, that they too need to help in getting the chairs and arranging them.  But many of them seem to ignore what I said, probably because I am not a discipline teacher or maybe because I am not the Senior Assistant or Principal; in short I am no one to them.

If these boys are irresponsible now, I shudder to imagine what will happen when these boys are given more serious responsibilities to shoulder in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...