Saturday, May 4, 2013

Praying for a New Beginning

Star Q


The day is finally here for everyone, including me, to cast our votes and determine who will govern the country for the next five years.  This day comes after fifteen days of much anticipation amidst all the campaigning (if you call them that) and at 11.59 p.m., 4th May 2013, I breathed a sigh of relief.  Hopefully all the 'media cannibalism' which I have been an unwilling witness to will finally be put to rest (at least until the next GE!)

I have decided to go to the polling station later in the afternoon today, not because I wanted to be late; I usually want to be early for every thing.  But today being Sunday, my errands include going to the market and sending my daughter to tuition classes, among others.  Anyway, I prefer to do my duty as a Malaysian citizen with a clear conscience that all my duties to my family have been accomplished (at least for today!)

Whatever the outcome of today's polling, I can say with certainty that everyone in this country would want nothing else, but everything that the winning party had promised them, sooner or later (sooner would be better, of course!)  But, we the rakyat (citizens) must remember and be aware that, promises, like a legally bound document, comes with fine prints, that are not disclosed to us.  We only see the proverbial forest, without being shown what trees grow in the forest; whether there are fruit-bearing trees there, or whether there are economically useful trees there or on the negative side, whether there man-eating plants there!

We hope and pray all the promises will be made true, hopefully without any strings attached (if that was ever possible!)  because strings can bind and no one likes to be bound in such a manner!  The only way out of the situation would be to sever the bind.  However, it will be a long wait before that can be realized.

So, happy voting everyone!  Vote wisely, both with your brain and your heart!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...