Thursday, June 23, 2011

Working Visit to Ministry of Works


On the 22nd of June 2011 at 7.00 a.m., the Upper Six Formers headed to Kuala Lumpur to participate in a study-visit to the Parliament house.   Ten teachers accompanied the students during the trip, and for the second year now, I was also amongst the teachers.  And since it was my second trip to the aghast house, I literally sat this one out by waiting outside, under one of the gazebos, for the group of students and teachers who went inside, chatting with Kak Mariya, who also decided not to follow them inside.  It was also her second trip!

 I must say that I did not enjoy the trip whole-heartedly because, like I mentioned earlier, this for me was a working visit because I had work to do, especially during our visit to the Ministry of Works.   I had been asked by the Form 6 Senior Assistant (he was unable to attend) to speak on his behalf during the reception held for our group by the Secretary to the Minister of Works.  I know that I am so used to speaking, most of the time as master of ceremonies, but this beats everything I am used to!

However, luckily I managed to keep my composure because I knew that, other than having the familiarity of being masters of ceremony, I also am quite used to protocol.  Thus, I breezed through the speech that I gave (at least I thought so!) and I managed to suppress my hunger when lunch was served since I was sitting at the same table as the Political Secretary to the Minister of Works and other officials from the ministry.  The Minister himself could not be with us because he was still at the Parliament.

I must say that the trip had been a fruitful one.  Anyway, we reached home at about 11.30 p.m.  23rd June would be another working day.  After seeing the people work at the Ministry of Works, work here is workable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...