Friday, June 10, 2011

Country Road


This first week of the mid-semester school holiday has been a hectic one with a list of things to do, so much so, that I have not found the time to make a new entry for the month of June, until now of course.

Amongst the flurry of activities carried out last week, and after coming home to actually sit the rest of the holiday out, I suddenly felt a sense of loss of not having returned to the village.  Actually, its my wife's village that is located away from the hustle and bustle of city life.


One can actually get tired of living in the city amongst the concrete jungle, jostling with the crowd and joining in the rat race.  The mundane of every day life can be a boring monotony that I can actually do without, especially when I feel that I have not achieved what I have set out to do.

What I miss most about the village is the greenery.  Every where you turn, there are trees all around.  Let's not talk about the scientific benefits of these tress.  The fact is, they're just good to look at and to be around with.


I guess if I were given the opportunity to settle down in such an environment, I would not think twice about doing so.  In fact I would immediately pack up my things and leave life in the city and all it's worldly offerings and head to the village, even though it does not have any of the luxuries of life.

Being in the village with all the greenery is luxury in itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...