Thursday, November 17, 2016

After 20 Years - Dr Strange

Star Q


Ever since I came back to Malaysia after my studies, I have never really had the opportunity to go to the cinema to catch a movie, or not that I really want to anyway.  I always find that going out of my way to get to a cinema to watch a movie, is a waste of precious time.

I clearly remember that the last time I did go to a cinema to catch a movie was in 1996.  What I don't remember is the movie, which is either Tom Cruise's vampire-thingy or Keanu Reeves' Speed.  In fact going to the cinema when I was studying was a weekly activity for me because of it's proximity to the campus, and once the movie was over, I would go to the nearest bus-stop which was close by, and jumped into the first bus and headed for home.

From then on, time, opportunity and age were the main factors that hindered me from catching another movie at a cinema.  Until last week when my son invited me to watch Dr. Strange.  I was hesitant at first, but my wife insisted that I accepted his generous gesture plus it was his birthday anyway.

And so, with a knee injury that is still in the process of healing, all of us went to catch the movie.  I must say that the two hours did not feel that long.  The CGI effects which I love, sensitised me from the discomfort I felt in my knee.  All was well until the movie was over, when I started to realise the pain in my knee once again.

Having said that, I really enjoyed myself even if it was a bit reminiscent of my movie-going days when I was studying.  But, I won't be heading to the nearest cinema to catch any movie any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...