Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spoilt or Just Plain Lucky

Star Q


Some people are just born lucky, I guess.  They are born with a silver spoon in their mouth and most things are served to them on silver trays.  On the other hand, there are also those who wish that they were born lucky and try to go the extra mile to get the silver spoons and silver trays!
 
Pardon me, but there are these kind of people, young people especially, who wish that they could have it all.  They want the same designer bags and clothes their more affluent friends use.  They want to have cars like their friends drive; even though there are also those who would settle for a smaller, local car, as long as it's brand new!

And there are also those who think that they must attend concerts of famous singers, no matter where the money for the tickets come from.  One such case was a concert held recently by a K-Pop group here in Kuala Lumpur.  I  can understand the working ladies saving up their hard earned salary to attend a concert of that magnitude; no matter how uncomfortable it may have been.  I can also understand the affluent youngsters' financial ability to attend this concert. 

The thing I don't understand, and I guess I never will, is why some not-so-affluent young people who are barely after the SPM examinations, with no income of their own for tickets, transport and food (plus accommodation maybe) would be so determined to the concert.  The term beg, steal or borrow comes to mind, but fortunately in this specific case, it was merely a case of begging, not just from their parents but from other people as well, who just so happen to be so generous.  Will steal and borrow be far way?  We hope they never see the light of day.

I can totally understand if the RM700.00 which was used to buy the ticket for the concert, was actually used to buy things that these people would need when they further their studies.  I can even understand if they want that amount to top-up the money they have been saving to buy an android or smart phone.

I guess it is just a matter of prioritizing; both on the youngsters part and the part of their parents or guardians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...